Servers as bad for the Environment as SUVs? – New Scientist Article
No more Arctic ice in the summer by 2013 (BBC)
Some sites that I’ve come across that are targeting the individual to try and adjust their habits:
- Do the Green Thing – this is quite an amusing Viral type site – allows you to complete actions and see savings. You also collect “Green Things” – characters – as you do good deeds
- I Count – these guys seem to be about petitions, marches and getting mass support
- WWF Carbon Footprint Calculator – I particularly like this one – its got a great interface and is really intuitive.
- Act on CO2 – the Government CO2 calculator
- London Green Homes (the consumer part of the London Climate Change Programmes that includes Green 500)